Friday, August 3, 2012

Big News regarding The Dark Tower film adaptation.

Great news for me and all the other fans of Stephen Kings Dark Tower series. It looks like there is hope after all. Within the next 2 weeks Warner Bros. will be making the final decision as to whether or not they will green light it the 3 film and 2 TV series adaptation.


So here's the good news and the bad news.

I'll start with the bad first... I only see two bad things at the moment, 1) Javier Bardem is officially out. He will not be playing Roland. That's a shame as far as I am concerned. He was insane in No Country For Old Men and I was looking forward to what he could bring to the role.

2) This is still not green-lit. They are only considering it at the moment but by the end of the next two weeks we will have solid news one way or the other. This does however bring us to...



The Good News!

They are currently only considering the franchise but they are considering it for their next tentpole franchise to replace Happy Potter and Nolan's Batman Trilogy

Some other news that I haven't decided how I feel about is the new choice for the role of Roland. Looks like Russell Crowe is in talks to fill in the gunslingers boots. I haven't seen much of his work so I can't really make any judgements but I don't remember anything bad from him so.. my thoughts shall stay reserved for now.


That's all I have for now on this. I'll be sure to update the page as more develops. I have been following this tale for decades now. Almost like Roland and Walter.

I leave you with some pics I grabbed for this post but didn't use.

Bonus pics!






No comments:

Post a Comment